Thursday, March 10, 2011

Compassion




Oil prices are still going up? Damn. God how am I going to pay for this...

Too many times...

Too many times, or all too often this is my attitude in prayer. I hate that. Just this week, diesel hit four dollars a gallon, and I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

But, later I turned on the T.V. and that really got me sick. A scene much like the picture above.

If you didn't take a good look, look again. Study the faces, the eyes, and the hands.

If you look close enough, I don't have to explain it. A picture does say a thousand words.

So, before starting YTD I knew it would get hard at times. I never could expect myself to bring eloquent, inspiring words pregnant with meaning to the table every week.

So, this week I labored for beauty,and all I found was his fingerprints, but that is enough.

I turned the T.V. off.

D: God... It hurts.

G: I know.

D: Ok.

And that was it. God knows.

And that is enough, and that is the subject today.

Another way to say "God knows" is compassion.

In Latin, compassion literally breaks down into two words co "with" and passiƍ  "suffering."

Another way to say compassion is "to suffer with."

God knows pain, because he's been there, and he is in the midst of yours too.


Consider how Isaiah describes what the Christ will look like (500 years before the birth of Jesus).

He was despised and rejected - a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care. Isaiah 53:3 (NLT)

Self explanatory. If you don't feel that on your "heartstrings" read it again.

If you still don't, check your pulse.

How should we respond? 

Here comes the Youtube! 

Just kidding... 

Here comes the words of Paul as inspired by God.

For we do not have a high priest (Jesus) who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16

So we respond to our ailments, sins, weaknesses, shortcomings, greed, and the like by approaching with confidence IN THE MOMENT.

Not waiting until we get better. 


So, this week approach Love with confidence in spite of all that you spite.

With confidence that God is El Shaddai (Almighty)

With confidence that God is Adonai (Master)

With confidence that God is Jehovah Rapha (The Lord my Healer)

With confidence that God is Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord who make you Holy)

With confidence that God is Jehovah Jireh (The Lord who provides)

With confidence that God is Jehovah Shalom (The Lord is Peace)

With confidence that God is Qanna (Jealous for you)

We can approach with confidence, because this is who God said "I am." - Exodus 3:14

A big part of life, and finding out who we are, is why we must approach with confidence. I know I must, because if I don't see God then I turn into a bumbling depressed mess who hates life. I know, because I've been that person more times then I would like to admit.

If you haven't found a good "why" yet, be careful what you pray for. You'll get it, but if we learn anything from the saints that have gone before us, God may take you to the edge of hell to bring you just one step closer into his presence.

O, but how it is worth it!

For the love of God, please approach him with confidence today!







No comments:

Post a Comment